S&S Aircraft Propeller Winnipeg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&S Aircraft Propeller Winnipeg

Hi I am new and have 90" wooden propeller and I would like to know how much I could sell it for or what kind of plane it is from

Ser-H-9268
    Jacobs Anson
    Mar 1944
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ingrid; 06-27-2013, 10:09 PM.

Hi Ingrid,

The propeller looks like it is from an Avro Anson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avro_Anson). They a relatively common as the wooden propellers were surplused when metal propellers became available. They turn up frequently on kijiji.ca and ebay and generally seem to sell for between $600 - $800 depending on condition. Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by prattguy View Post
      Hi Ingrid,

The propeller looks like it is from an Avro Anson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avro_Anson). They a relatively common as the wooden propellers were surplused when metal propellers became available. They turn up frequently on kijiji.ca and ebay and generally seem to sell for between $600 - $800 depending on condition. Hope that helps
      Thank you for the information

Comment

my family's connection to s&s aircraft

Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
        Thank you for the information
        there are several references on this site to s&a aircraft, winnipeg, including threads my sis and cousin were involved in a couple of years ago....i'd like to pick up the conversation....i inherited from my grandfther, leonard short, an illustrated notebook of the factory procedures used in the manufacturing of the s&s props..i also own one from the training plane of mitchell franklin, formerly of st martin's, new brunswick....i'd also like to find out more about granby aviation (have pics of the manufacturing of props and wooden fuel tanks from there too) and s&s products, montreal - subsequent companies my grandfather and his children (including my dad, doug short) were involved with....my grandfather was mentioned in an article entitled, 'canadian propeller maker' in aircraft and airport, november 1948...i'd love to track down an original copy as my photocopy is virtually illegible....some pictures, some notes but still so many questions!

Comment

Originally posted by ennazus View Post
          there are several references on this site to s&a aircraft, winnipeg, including threads my sis and cousin were involved in a couple of years ago....i'd like to pick up the conversation....i inherited from my grandfther, leonard short, an illustrated notebook of the factory procedures used in the manufacturing of the s&s props..i also own one from the training plane of mitchell franklin, formerly of st martin's, new brunswick....i'd also like to find out more about granby aviation (have pics of the manufacturing of props and wooden fuel tanks from there too) and s&s products, montreal - subsequent companies my grandfather and his children (including my dad, doug short) were involved with....my grandfather was mentioned in an article entitled, 'canadian propeller maker' in aircraft and airport, november 1948...i'd love to track down an original copy as my photocopy is virtually illegible....some pictures, some notes but still so many questions!
          Fabulous. We get a lot of inquiries about S&S Propellers and have very little information to offer. I'd be interested in uploading a catalog here if you have something useful in that regard.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X