Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paragon test prop - info needed

Hi,
    I would like to know the approx year and value of a Paragon mahogany propeller.

The "Paragon" and "American Propeller Company" logos are stamped on either side.

Stamped markings:
    8 ' 3" x 6.00
    6999 O S (Rt side)
    9110 (Lt side)

Decal States:
    Paragon Test Propeller No. 9110

Thanks for your help!!

Propellers were put through "whirling tests", which is probably what yours was made for.

It's impossible to estimate value without more information. Photos are a good start.
    Dave

Comment

Here are Pictures

Dave,
      Finally got a chance to take some photos of the propeller.

Any info on history and value would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Chris
      Prop Full Image.jpg

Center & Bolt holes.jpg

Logo.jpg

Test Sticker - Left side.jpg

Rt Side Markings.jpg

Comment

That's interesting. It looks as if they were testing mahogany for use on that design. All of the ones I've seen have been made of oak. It also looks as if someone cut out a portion of the hub to install a clock or barometer, etc. Not sure about value because of the hub issue, but it's a desirable model because of the scimitar shape. See this page for details.
        Dave

Comment

Dave, what would the propeller shown in the details about the JN4C sell for???

Comment

Well, THAT one would probably sell for $3k to $4k, but its value is high because it's undamaged, original, removed after actual use and in excellent condition. Looking at the photos of yours, do I see a "shadow" where there may have been sheathing near the tips? If so that reduces value considerably, as does the cutting of the hub.
            Dave

Comment

Wow, that's amazing. There doesn't seem to be any markings of sheathing on the tips. There are some "stains" and other minor mars, but otherwise in pretty good shape other than the cut out in the hub, as you said.
              Thanks for your valued input.
              Chris

Comment

Dave,
                As I am now ready to sell this Mahogany test prop, I would like to know an approx. range for its value. See previous postings for pictures and your comments about its shape and condition.

I'd appreciate knowing what to begin asking for it.

Thanks,

Comment

I shot you an email...

Cheers,
                  Jeff

Comment

Working...
                  X