No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

It is probably not the right place to post this, but I don't see where else it belongs.

I have been reading the forum for a while now and I thought it became time to say, Hi. Unfortunately I don't own a propeller myself. It would be nice to have one.

As part of my interest in aviation history I am looking for trademarks, logos and decals of aviation related businesses. So far this site and forum has been a great help and I would like to thank everyone for posting pictures and information.

I have decals of a lot of different propeller manufacturers on file, excluding various other decals.
    Are there people on this forum with a similar interest?

Best Regards,

F.D.M

Hi F.D.M., and wellcome to this forum!

I am collecting pictures of decals and scans of commercial papers of French propeller manufacturers.

So, yes, I am interested!

Best regards,
    PM D

Comment

Welcome to the Forum FDM. I too am interested. I collect pictures of wooden props made in the USA since around 1920.

Lamar

Comment

Me too.

Bob
        Bob Gardner
        Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
        http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Decals are one of the often under-appreciated art forms in aviation.

As you may have noticed, I've tried to get clear close-up photos of decals in all of the propellers displayed on my gallery pages of props that I own or have owned in the past.

Some day I should update decals page, which has few additional ones. More recent photos have better lighting and detail than those early ones, however.
          Dave

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.

It is good to hear that some people share the same interest.
            As time passes I will have some questions to ask.

Dave,
            You are absolutely right about decals. I have saved your photos. They contain the best quality decals I have. Many pictures are just to bad to be really useful. Usually the resolution is to low or they are plagued by to much jpeg compression. Again, many thanks for sharing.

I will stay around.

F.D.M

Comment

Working...
            X