Sensenich prop age, value help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich prop age, value help?

I am looking to purchase this but would LOVE help. What is the age, aircraft used and value? I'm purchasing for my hubby who has always wanted one for Christmas. Thanks so much for your time!!!!
    Attached Files

Probably late fifties, typical small engine Piper Cub or similar. It has the newer style Lancaster decals rather than the Lititz ones, which makes it less collectible.

I think there is a better one (as far as collectibility goes) currently on eBay for about $700. I personally don't think this one should sell for more than about $400, if that. You can even get something similar from Wag Aero for about that price.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks! Yes, the decal covers the original one. I purchased it for $150. Pretty good deal I think. Should I try to peel off stickers? Also, does this info for you make it older possibly? Thanks again!!

Comment

Based on your serial number yours was manufactured between April and August, 1946. Sounds to me like you made a pretty good deal. If you slowly, carefully peel the stickers you may be able to get them off and leave the underlying ones intact. Proceed very slowly and carefully being prepared to stop at the first sign of "trouble".

Comment

Working...
        X