Please Help identify My Gardner Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help identify My Gardner Propeller

I have a Garnder Propeller numbered: 1521-3610. It measures 90" long. It has the mounting hub and 8 bolts intact. Can you tell me more about this propeller? Age and what plane it was used on and any other information you may have. Thank you.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dave; 11-14-2012, 09:49 AM.

Photos added.

I've also looked through another reference I have for Gardner propellers and that drawing number doesn't appear on it. It may have been some kind of special order.
    Dave

Comment

Gardner Propeller

Is there any other possible way I could identify this propeller. I would like to sell it, but I wouldn't have any information to provide. Would this be considered rare? Thank you for your help.

Comment

It's not rare, in the sense that there are many others like it around. That model might be rare but that doesn't impart any special value to it. It's likely from the 50's or so, but is not "early" in its design or construction. The metal hub assembly might be worth as much as the propeller, but you should have an aviation mechanic look at that for you.

Ordinarily you would expect to find Gardner decals on it, so I suspect that it has been at least partially refinished, which reduces its value.

My suggestion would be to sell it as an unknown and emphasize that it comes with the metal hub assembly.
        Dave

Comment

Gardner propeller

Greetings, I may be interested in purchasing your propeller. I can be reached at msprior01@gmail.com
          Thanks, Scott

Comment

Working...
          X