US Prop. Inc. four bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Prop. Inc. four bolts

I have a wooden prop approximately 76 inches long with markings U.S. Propellers, Inc. Los Angeles, CA. It has holes for four bolts and additional markings DES 44K7797 and SERAF 4310029. I would love to know what type of aircraft this may have been on if any and when. I have not seen any other props of this size with only 4 bolts.

I have some listings for US Propellers for certificated aircraft, but most of what they made seems to be for drones. I won't have access to those lists for about a week, but don't hold your breath that they will identify a specific aircraft. Four bolt holes would be very unusual for any of the standard aircraft hubs. The "44K" part of the drawing number likely refers to a 1944 military contract.
    Dave

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Dave, it seemed pretty unusual to me too. It makes me wonder if it was for display only. I am interested in US Propellers Inc. as well. I can't seem to find any information on it. The years it was in business, street location etc. Anything you can tell me would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X