Prop identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop identification

I would like to get an opinion on what a prop I own is worth.

I have an old wooden propeller that I got for free. The place I used to work used airboats to keep the ducks off of the pond during the winter. They threw it in the "giveaway pile" and I was very fortunate that people were digging through the pile and weren't looking at the prop.

The prop is a wooden Sensenich prop with stainless steel on the edges, rather than what looks like brass in most other photos I have viewed.

I advertised the prop in the local paper and was going to ask $40 for it until I went on Ebay and a few other places and noticed how much they were selling for.

The prop is 72", 6 hole hub with an aluminum insert in the center. The identifiers on it were AA-2055. There was a "1" and a "2" stamped on two of the bolt holes for the hub, across from each other.

I would appreciate any information I could get to see what the numbers mean and what the prop might be worth.

I may be able to look that up when I get home, but airboat props don't actually SELL for much, although asking prices are often high. When they do sell, it's often to unsuspecting buyers thinking they're buying an airplane propeller.

It's value depends heavily on condition as well.
    Dave

Comment

Working...
    X