fahlin prop 1921-1938

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fahlin prop 1921-1938

My name is Jennifer Burgess I live in upstate New York. I recently came across a Fahlin DES 618 No 3033, SFL, 182 (?), 618.

This is a wooden prop, made for Nicholas Beazly Airplane Co. Inc out of Marshall Mo. I was wondering what kind of plane this would have been used for and an age.? I know Nicholas and Beazley was in business from 1921 to 1938. the prop was never used as there are no marks around the bolt holes. The prop is 2inches shy of 8 feet, has 1 large hole in the middle an 8 smaller holes around it. Any information you can provide would be appreciated and a possible value.
    Response to email----
    The most likely application is the 125 horsepower Warner engine (Fahlin # D-600A). It was used on several aircraft such as the "Bird", "Commandaire", "Davis DIW", Fairchild C5".. There is a slight possibility it could be for a Kinner K5 of 100 HP, but my best estimate would be the Warner. D-618 could be a variation of the D-600. Ole sometimes did that on special orders.

Anyone know for sure, and a value?

It's impossible to even guess at a value without seeing its actual condition, either by exam or with good photos.

Often the preferred option is to simply look on the "completed listings" option on eBay to see what comparable props have sold for.
    Dave

Comment

Working...
    X