Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs L6, Avro Anson May 1942, Propeller Centre

Hello,

I know very little about this propeller.

The clock mounted in the middle came with the propeller but the battery that ran it leaked (inside the clock only, no damage to the propeller) and the clock no longer works.

The propeller clock belonged to my wife's Grandfather. There is no history, provenance if you will, to this propeller of which I am aware. It was simply an item that he had in his house.

Why do I want to sell this item? It has sat in my closet for about eight years and is never going to be on display in my home so I would like it be somewhere where it can be appreciated and displayed.

This item may be worth something to someone on this site. I simply found this site by doing a Google search and feel somewhat awkward at posting a partial propeller, that someone has tried to turn into a clock, on the site.

I have no price to set for this item as I do not know if it is even worth anything in its partial condition.

I am located in Ontario, Canada.

I will attach some photos.

Thank you.

AN1.jpg

AN3.jpg

AN4.jpg

AN6.jpg

AN7.jpg

Hello,
    Unfortunately what you have is not particularly valuable or collectable. The item is not a full propeller, the date of the hub is not rare, it has been altered by clock insertion as well as covers on the bolt holes, and a stand was screwed into the base. As such it does not hold any value to a propeller collector.
    I suggest that it be viewed not so much as a piece of a propeller, but as a unique mantle clock. When considered simply as that, though, the problem would seem to be that the clock is broken.
    I noticed on eBay that a similar hub clock had 7 bids and sold on Aug 14 for $9.50 USD (and that one was a working clock). I don't know much about clocks but I would suggest perhaps finding a clock forum if you wanted to pursue it more. Good luck with it!

Comment

Thanks...

Well, thank you for the honest reply.

Out of the 50 views so far you are the only one that has posted back to me and I appreciate the time you took to do so.

It is not that I thought it would be valuable (although there is always that hope) I wondered if it was at all collectible to which I now know the answer.

I would love to hear from anyone else about their thoughts on the hub.

Comment

I agree. It's a model of propeller that is very common for whatever reasons, so a hub is not particularly collectible or valuable.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X