Propeller Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propeller Identification

I have a propeller that's been in the family for many years and I would like help identifying it so I might be able to sell to a Collector.

Markings I make out near the hub are design 671 B 60(92) Serial Number 18371 R.P.M. 1850 Piqua, Ohio

There are 8 bolt holes, the wood is light coloured (like pine) and there is brass on each tip and running along the tops of the blades.

Sorry I don't have pictures and/or a digital camera.

Can anyone help me? Oh by the way I'd say the condition is mint.

If someone knows about the propeller, any idea of the value?

Your prop was manufactured by Hartzell. You can find the aircraft it was used on by the 671B-60 design number here: www.modernwoodenpropellers.com/hartzell.htm. It should have decals on the blades, I assume since you didn't mention them it doesn't. If the decals are missing that means it's been refinished which seriously diminishes its value.

Lamar

Comment

Propeller Identification

I'm new to this forum stuff, please bear with me. Any idea what I could sell the prop for I didn't see any decals.

Thanks so much

Comment

Originally posted by Joan View Post
        I have a propeller that's been in the family for many years and I would like help identifying it so I might be able to sell to a Collector.

Markings I make out near the hub are design 671 B 60(92) Serial Number 18371 R.P.M. 1850 Piqua, Ohio

There are 8 bolt holes, the wood is light coloured (like pine) and there is brass on each tip and running along the tops of the blades.

Sorry I don't have pictures and/or a digital camera.

Can anyone help me? Oh by the way I'd say the condition is mint.

If someone knows about the propeller, any idea of the value?
        "Mint" condition (i.e. with original Hartzell decals) I would guess something in the $1200 to $1500 range. Refinished, no matter how good looking it is, probably closer to $400 to $500.
        Dave

Comment

Hartzell!

Hello Joan, I might be interested in the purchase of your propeller. Could you send me some pics? I can be reached at msprior01@gmail.com
          Thanks, Scott

Comment

Hartzell

Joan, I missed the note about not having a camera. Please send me an e- mail and we'll work something out.
            Thanks, Scott

Comment

Working...
            X