Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffalo Aeroplane corporation Propeller Identification help please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo Aeroplane corporation Propeller Identification help please!!!

Ive had this beauty in my living room for 3 years. Would love any info on what it came off of or what its potentially worth..

Buffalo aeroplane corp .

SE 5280 L.H.

N.189 84

8 x 4.12

BAP.No 187

8 hole center , fabric and brass covered ends. here are some pics.

I believe it to be from the early to late teens...? What you guys think?

Thanks
    Gage Gregory

Sorry for the crappy pics.. It looks alot better in person but shows its age. Ive not been able to find alot of info on buffalo aeroplane corporation...Why is this?

Comment

It's for a Curtiss Model F flying boat. I believe that I sold this one last year for a little under $3k. It was in near perfect original condition. (There's a remote possibility that I still have it, but would need to check. At any rate, I think that's a good general valuation for one in excellent condition.)

Be certain not to try to "restore" yours in any way. It will reduce its value to less than a third of the value in original condition.
      Dave

Comment

Would you be interested in this one dave?

Comment

Probably not, but I might be able to find another buyer for it.
          Dave

Comment

It turns out that I still have the one I mentioned above. I thought I sold it but now I remember that the potential buyer came to pick it up and ended up buying a different one instead.

Gage, if you want to sell that one I may be able to help.
            Dave

Comment

Dave, I would really like to sale the prop. I would take $1500 for it. Somebody could def make some extra $ on it.. Its just taking up space..

e-mail me at gagegregory88@yahoo.com or give me a call 865-455-2284

Gage

Comment

Working...
              X