• Show
Clear All

• help with info please

I have a prop with the following markings

SER A 2417CY
    MOD 69 L-44
    T.C. 802
    P.C. 406

I think it is a Flottorp from a Taylorcraft BL with a Lycoming engine, but it is just a guess.
    Can someone help identify what plane it came from, what year it was made, and the value of similar propellors. This propellor has had the paint stripped. The metal spar is in good condition. It has no decals or markings other than those listed above.

Thank you in advance.

It's a Flottorp Type Certificate (TC802) and could have been used on a variety of planes. See this list.

Value depends entirely on condition, but if it's been stripped it's only worth a few hundred dollars, at best. That doesn't mean someone might not pay more for it, but it's not all that valuable. Check ebay completed listings for comparables.
    Dave

Comment

Dave,
      Kind of what I figured. I am not looking to sell the prop. Just curious. I found it at a furniture store and bought it as a decorative item without realizing it was an actual aircraft propellor. Once I got it home and looked at it closely I saw the markings and realized it was not a reproduction. I paid $200 for it even though it was tagged as $400.

Thank you for the reply

Comment

Working...
      X