Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sensenich 69HOL17 - engine/aircraft type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich 69HOL17 - engine/aircraft type?

I've recerntly acquired a Sensenich 60HOL17 Serial No. 8605. This is my 14th prop.
    It's somewhat battered, see photo. I thinks it's a bit too weathered for display, so I intend on doing a minamalist restoration, preserving as much of the 'toastiness' and old character as possible.
    What do you think?

I looked on the listing on this site in an attempt to match it to a engine/aircraft, but it's not listed. By the serial number, the prop is fairly old.
    Does anyone have any ideas as to application and A/C type for this old prop?

Also attached a photo of 10 of my props.

Roland
    Attached Files

More info on this propeller

I've gathered some more info on this prop as I worked on it. It is a counter-rotating (left hand as viewed from the cockpit) propeller. Note the stainless steel clad leading edges and the pitch of the propeller are opposite to what is seen on conventional, clockwise rotation props. Also, this propeller was employed as a pusher-type, for a rear-mounted engine. This is evidenced by the circular, hub-plate impressions on the face of the hub. These markings are normally found on the rear of the hub on a front-mounted puller-type prop. I think it was probably made for a homebuilt project.
    So, this is a custom order, counter-rotating, pusher-type propeller, which would make it a one-of-a-kind. It was crafted in the summer of 1953 at the Sensenich plant in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

Photo is of the completed, minimal restoration. The rear of the prop is original.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X