Value of Wooden Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of Wooden Propeller

Hi: Can anyone tell me what the value of a Banks-Maxwell Wooden Propeller most likely for watercrafter, about 60 inches long, good condition both decals intact with Banks-Maxwell, Ft. Worth, Texas. Model # 60D-20, Serial #
    30780. Thanks

Here's one that didn't sell for $200. Seems about right. They're not in high demand.
    Dave

Comment

A vast majority of those I've seen sell have been advertised mistakenly and I assume purchased mistakenly as aircraft props rather than airboat or drone props.

Comment

reality of auctions and mis identification

In response to the post by Lamar, in this day and age of online auctions and the ability to post photos by cell phones and such, its so easy for the general public that may or may not be tuned in to the world of aviation related materials to easily mis identify various props.

That being said, forums of this nature that feature so many types of props and so much information from very informed people that really do know about the unique world of " airscrews", it affords us all to learn more about this topic of wood turned into flying artwork with a vast history to be appreciated.

Its a great source of online education as so many more props surface from basements and attics etc etc etc. As such, it helps us all properly identify the props. In the automotive world which I participate in, every now and then you get to see some great spoofs purposely built to catch the eye at swap meets, and only those that dont know what it is will say, " oh yeah, edelbrock only made 200 of those back in the 50's ". But if you are standing there next to ther person that is saying that and then you look at what the vendor made himself to simply have some fun, you get to smile and see if the person will offer him money for it, see enclosed picture for a good laugh.

Sincerely,
        Dennis Hicklin
        Seattle Washington
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X