need help to identify this prop blade please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help to identify this prop blade please

there are no markings - from end to end is 38.5inches - the leading edge has what looks to be brass sections secured by rivets - it does not look to me as though its ever been painted - i live near to where an old hordern - richmond factory was and think this blade is a laminate known as hydulignum - not sure - at the metal threaded end there are two circles of equi spaced holes - the centre circle of which has one hole blocked or purposely not made - i cannot think howelse to describe - have seen one other like this on the net which suggests it may have been from a supermarine but contradicted by someone who thinks this would make the overall diameter of the blade too small for an engine of more than 600 hp and to rule out spitfire or hurricane - clearly i am no expert in this field and would appreciate your help
    Attached Files

This is one blade from a variable pitch propeller. We don't have much information on variable pitch propellers here. I suggest you contact Monte Chase at www.notplanejane.com. He has a large collection of variable pitch propellers and hopefully can answer your question.

Lamar

Comment

Hi,

Quite the same sold on 29th January in Paris: http://www.artcurial.com/en/asp/full...refno=10375132

Try to look at the same place where there are some markings (on extrado, near the blade foot, visible if you click on the "+") with light coming from the side.

It seems there were many blades constructed like yours around 1940.

Regards,
      PM

Comment

Working...
      X