X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtiss Canuck Propeller

Hello all,
    My name is John Bardol.
    I have a 1917-1918 Canadian Aeroplanes Limited propeller.
    I believe it was for the "Canuck" which was manufactured there.
    I have pictures and I am hoping for a positive ID.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

JN-4 Canuck Propeller

John
    I have what looks to be an identical propeller. I bought it from an aviation collector/historian who was certain that it was made in 1916 by Canadian Aeroplanes Ltd for the Curtiss Jenny JN-4 Canuck. Mine is stamped 2216, has 8 bolt holes and is 8' 3" in length. My prop doesn't have the decals like yours, so I was wondering if you would provide me the dimensions of the decals so that I can try to reproduce a pair from the picture you took ....Rob

Comment

Most propellers were produced for specified engines rather than aircraft, then some were further specified for the aircraft make and model. Yours likely would work fine on a JN4 but might also be acceptable on other aircraft using an OX5 engine, which I presume yours fits. You can check the Hub Dimensions page to confirm that the size is appropriate for the OX5.

Occasionally there will be additional records of manufacturing that will tie propellers to aircraft type, but absent actual stamping of the aircraft name on the propeller itself it's usually not 100% certain.
      Dave

Comment

Canuck propeller

John, I just posted a similar propeller for sale on ebay. Thought you might want to check it out.
        Cheers, Scott

Comment

Working...
        X