Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Gardner's Books About Wooden Propellers

Happy Holidays Everyone!

I just ordered and recently received Bob Gardner's 3 recently published books on WW1 British Aircraft Propellers. (I had previously bought his initial book titled simply The Design and Manufacture of British Aircraft Propellers in WW1.)

I am dazzled! These books are a MUST for anyone who is presently interested or may be interested in the future in owning and/or collecting early wooden propellers. There is nothing close in quality and detail available on the market now, and I doubt that anything in the near future will appear either, especially with these setting the pace. All of the volumes are well illustrated and contain abundant detail that is both entertaining and useful as reference information.

You may as well get these now, as I understand they will be followed by other books on German propellers and perhaps other topics in the future. For those of you who enjoy owning and collecting propellers as the beautiful artifacts that they are, I am seeing an expanding interest in them as collectibles, and see Bob's books as a vehicle to further develop that interest and add to the value of wooden propellers in general.

Congratulations to Bob for producing such a magnificent resource.
    Dave

Thank you, Dave, for your kind words.

Bob
    Bob Gardner
    Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
    http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

I too have bought the volume which covers the Integral Propellor Company as well as Grahame-White, my two interests. The book is excellent with first class information and great pictures. Well done Bob

Comment

Greetings Eagle!

I'm glad you found my description of Grahame White and Integral of use. For other forumites, these are in Part Three of my series which has just been published. It also has a comprehensive account of Lang Propellers, both in the UK and when Lang was on loan to the USN in 1917 and 1918.

With kind regards,

Bob
        Bob Gardner
        Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
        http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Working...
        X