Info. please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info. please

description: Paragon, 90", left hand, 6 bolt, 11/2" bore, 41/8" bolt circle.
    Anybody know?--------------Thanks, Ted further study seems to show it's a pusher-------------
    Last edited by Ted Mc; 11-22-2011, 03:09 PM. Reason: further info

It's an unusual one. Most of the Paragons were 8 bolt, larger center bore, and the majority of them were Right Hand. It might be a post WW1 era model.

Got a picture?
    Dave

Comment

Re: my 90" Paragon. Further study shows it's a pusher.? Does this help. I'll try for a picture.

Comment

It may be a pusher, but not necessarily. There is nothing about the construction of a propeller that makes it pusher or tractor, because that function is determined by the rotation direction of the engine, most of which were in fact right hand. However, there are engines that rotated the opposite way and there were geared engines that required an opposite thread, so the presence of that condition makes the application just a guess unless the engine used is known, which it is not in this case.

The picture might help. Stamped numbers might help even more. Is there a decal? If so is it listed as Washington or Baltimore?
        Dave

Comment

pusher/tractor?

My guess about pusher is based on the location of the decals,( which are Baltimore.) The leading edge is nearer the engine side and decals, away side.

Comment

Working...
          X