Does no logo = reproduction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does no logo = reproduction?

I have a wooden propeller which has several stamps on it. I believe it's a Sensenich (or reproduction) but it does not have the typical logo stamp on it. It has H0267 as well as 72F44. Around the hole in the middle it has the H0267 and outside the bolt holes it has a 1 on one side and a 2 on the other. The other numbers and words are stamped on the edge or side of the hub. The top number, though it's tough to see is XXX 72F44 (It looks as though there may have been something before those numbers but I can't read it. Under that is reads SET NO H0267 and under that in smaller letters it looks like it says Sensenich. I looked up the model number and it is a Sensenich propeller number but because it's missing the stsamps I'm just not certain. It has the brass(?metal) edging with red tips. There are the typical 6 holes.

Any ideas? I bought this to give as a present to someone but I don't want to give it if it's not authentic. I'll just keep it and use it as a decoration for myself. Cool either way.

Thanks for any info

I would not be concerned about your prop being a reproduction. The missing logo decals may be because it was refinished at some point. Replacement decals are available on eBay or from www.nostalgicreflections.com. The Design Number in its entirety is 72F44. It's a 72 inch diameter with a 44 inch pitch for use on several light aircraft as shown on this web page: www.modernwoodenpropellers.com/sensenich.htm. The number H0267 is the serial number indicating it was built between December, 1945 and April, 1946. Depending upon its condition I bet it will be an excellent gift.

Lamar

Comment

Working...
    X