Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Propellor Identification - RAF 76 Squadron and Wasp/Hornet Logo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propellor Identification - RAF 76 Squadron and Wasp/Hornet Logo...

Hi There,

I stumbled across this website and was wondering if any of you may be able to help me identify a propellor that I acquired from my grandad. I will try and post some photos in the next few days. It is actually only half of a propeller (1 blade), has a tag from 76 Squadron RAF and has a round painted logo of a wasp or hornet on the blade.

I hope you can help.

The Wasp decal is most likely from Tibbenham Aviation Company, but the prop will be hard to identify without the drawing numbers and other information typically stamped on the hub.
    Dave

Comment

Photo's...

Hi,

I've now (hopefully!) managed to attach some photo's. Yes it is Tibbenham Ipswich as you say. The only other markings I can make out are the symbols '1' and 'T' at the base of the blade. Is it normal to have the tin/metal 'caps' on both ends or has this just been done to make the propellor a display piece?? It does look like there may be some more markings under the metal cap at the base but I am reluctant to remove it as it is pinned on securely. The propellor is 95cm long. Does the fact that it is from 76 Squadron RAF limit the possibilities of planes it may be from? Thanks for looking. Any help is appreciated!
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X