props that have been butchered by clocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• props that have been butchered by clocks

Just thought I would let it be known that, if you have a wooden prop that has been literally butchered or cut to have a clock inserted into it, it really does lower the value of it to practically NOTHING, no matter how great it looks otherwise. That being said, through a machine shop I have access to, we have a way to make a new insert of wood that will at least clean up that " butchered " look. It will never be the same as far as true matching wood grain or any element of it ever being airworthy again. Please feel free to send me any pictures of your props that fit this category. E mail is FYRTRUC@AOL.COM

At that point, we can start a dialog about price, bear in mind, no matter how great the prop looks otherwise, its worth about $ 50.00 not a penny more, the ruined center section pretty much dooms it to such a low price.

I prefer the props made by S&S of winnipeg as I own one of these myself, but will certainly be glad to see any pictures that you have of any of the other brands listed here on this site.

So if you have come to grips with the fact that your prop that has been butchered, isnt worth what you thought it was, get in touch with me.

Sincerely,
    Dennis Hicklin
    Attached Files
    Last edited by D.Hicklin; 11-08-2012, 06:34 AM.
Working...
X