Identification Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification Help Needed

Hi, I have this old wooden Sensenich propelller. Its about 87 inches long tip to tip with an 8 hole hub. I would say its a darker colored wood. I can make out "B4113" or possibly "B4773" on the perimeter of the center hole. The number "417" is printed on the chamfered part of the hub. Any help identifying it and possibly pointing me towards additional info resources would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Interestingly enough, Sensenich does not have a model listed that is 87" in diameter. Could it be 86"? Their model numbers indicate the diameter of the prop in the first number prefix, so if it's 86 inches, then look at this chart to see some possibilities.

They are the old style "Lititz" decals, which are very attractive and generally more highly regarded by collectors.
    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
      Interestingly enough, Sensenich does not have a model listed that is 87" in diameter. Could it be 86"? Their model numbers indicate the diameter of the prop in the first number prefix, so if it's 86 inches, then look at this chart to see some possibilities.

They are the old style "Lititz" decals, which are very attractive and generally more highly regarded by collectors.
      OK, its exactly 86.5 inches tip to tip. Thanks for the reply. Anyone else have any additional detail?

Comment

OK, examined the prop closer and found the drawing number 43K15131 on the hub indicating this prop was used on a Fairchild aircraft. Anyone know an approximate value for this piece and how to grade conditions? Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

So that means it was made under a 1943 military contract and was in fact manufactured in 1943 based on the serial number.

There isn't enough market activity to determine a specific "value", but it looks to be in good/excellent condition and would probably sell for something in the $700 to $900 range on eBay, although there are sometimes wild fluctuations in final bids.
          Dave

Comment

Thanks for the info...........not planning on selling it as it was a gift from a good friend, a former Eastern Air Lines captain. Kinda neat to have around.

Comment

Working...
            X