Seeking Help on How to Sell My Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Help on How to Sell My Propeller

Hello - This is my very first post on this Forum. I have a 78" long wooden propeller in its original, unrefinished condition. It's from an Avro Anson, a 4-prop airplane that was used as a trainer for Canadian and British bombers during WWII in the Montreal, Quebec region.

I would like to sell this propeller but do not know its value or online sites where I could reach those who may be interested. I would like to find a good, caring home for it where it will be appreciated. I've owned it for 42 years.

I'm attaching four photos of the propeller and its markings.

Any help or advise from anyone on this forum would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Mark Feldstein
    Tel. 613-667-9404
    Email mfeldstein@rogers.com
    Attached Files

(Just got back into town, and catching up with the forum . . . )

Mark, that propeller model is a very commonly found one, many of them in the excellent original condition that yours is in. The reason, as I understand it, is that they were produced in very large quantities just before an improved variable pitch propeller became available for those engines, and most aircraft were quickly switched to the superior model, leaving thousands of wooden 2-blades as surplus.

Ebay is probably your best bet, and I would expect something over $600 but probably less than $1200. Anything can happen on eBay, however . . .
    Dave

Comment

Working...
    X