Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please, WW1 mahogany half prop

Hi, I have just found this great site,
    I have this WW1 mahogany laminated half prop with dowls. Marked with WD arrow and inspection stamps, plus it has some sort of painted design near the
    cut off end. I would love to know what it is and what plane it might have come from, and if it's of any value to any one?
    Attached Files

It's very hard, and usually impossible to identify a single blade of a two bladed prop without a hub.

Keep in mind that there were literally thousands of different models of propellers with very specific characteristics but that they all look about the same in most respects.

As to value, they are appealling as decorative items and tend to sell on eBay for a few hundred dollars sometimes.
    Dave

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your thoughts on my propeller, it was a long shot that the decal might have

helped, but as you say without the hub and the extra markings its just a decorative piece.

My father was a pilot during WW2, and a few props ended up in our house so I grew to love the shapesand wood used, but unfortunately never learnt more.

This site may have started me of on a new collection.

Comment

Working...
      X