Common Hartzell Prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common Hartzell Prop

Just having built a man-cave, a friend brought me this prop as a "cave warming" present. He said his mom had it in storage for years and years, and they were tired of moving it around. From what I read here on the forum, it was a common prop made for the Beech B17L and the Cessna T-50. (ID info below) From the looks of the prop, it was never mounted on a plane. The metal edges still have the protective coating sprayed on them. The wood is beautifaul, and I would say other than a scratch here and there from banging around, it is as close to new shape as one could get. My 2 questions are age...can anyone tell the year of Mfg from the numbers? Value....just curious what the value would be?

Hartzell
    HP 225
    Design C707 80 (90)
    Serial # 34515
    RPM 2000
    l.C. 457

Thanks for your help!
    Attached Files

Ebay sales are your best bet for estimating value, but my guess would be somewhere in the $700 to $800 range. The reason that there are so many of these around is that they were produced for that model airplane in large numbers then variable pitch metal props became available and all those wooden ones became surplus. I don't know when that occurred, but a Google search about the aircraft model history might help determine that.
    Dave

Comment

Working...
    X