Westmoore Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westmoore Propeller

I have a Westmoore Propellers model prop I was told came from a DH4. It is 116" long and has the following marked in the wood.
    No. 5075. R9
    C.10.V.2
    CP11612
    R.H.
    It has not been mounted on an engine and is in peerfect condition. Anyone know what this was built for?

A Curtiss R9, and the "CP" indicates that it was a "Curtiss Propeller" drawing number.

It's the same blueprint as this propeller, which was used on the similar R4.
    Dave

Comment

Curtis R9 Prop Westmoore

Thanks Dave!
      After I posted the inquiry I looked through your website and found the pictures of an identical prop listed as for an R4. I will surf the web more now to see the differences between an R4 and an R9. I take it the picture listed in the R4 prop info is basically the same plane that evolved into the R6 and R9 correct? I also looked at it more today and there is a "D" stamped right near the center hole. I am flying over to Blakesburg today in my Mooney 201. Have you been there? It is a great antique airplane flyin..... I am sure I will meet people there that know the different Curtis airplanes.Thanks again.
      Gary

Comment

The R4 was the Army version ordered in 1916 using a 200 hp Curtiss v-2-3 engine. There were 53 manufactured, some of which were used on Pershing's Punitive Expedition to Mexico. The R6 was very similar and used by the Navy in 1917 on floats. The R9 was a Navy bomber version which was transferred to the Army in 1918. The propeller for all of those was the same model.
        Dave

Comment

R9 Westmoore Prop

Thanks again Dave!

Comment

Working...
          X