Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propeller clock ID help, please

Hi all
    funny thing, my father in-law had this wooden Propeller (which had been cut to the hub only) and a clock on the face, I always admired it and showed my interest, well I guess he decided to finally give it to someone who would appreciate it.
    I really am more interested in the history of it than value, as i really like it and wish to display it.

I have looked around this fantastic forum, but the info and knowledge is overwhelming.

so i was really hoping some of you may be able to help.

I measured it to try to match it up using the list found on the site.

hub diameter 8 1/2" (I measured where I could see the impression of the metal hub)

8 bolts holes that measure 5/8"

center bore 3 3/4" (measured at the front, as the back side has been bored out)

hub thickness 5 7/8"

bolt circle 6 5/8"

give or take with all measurements (should close, within a 1/16)

the only markings i could find are a 1 and 2 stamped on either side of where the blades would start

there is also the number 20039 stamped on the outer circumference of the hub (engine side)

any help would greatly be appreciated.

thanks again, great site
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jackeboy; 07-19-2011, 07:30 AM. Reason: attached photo

anyone ? please.

Comment

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

There isn't much data to go on. The 20,000 number is probably a serial number. The numbers 1 and 2 suggest that the prop is WW1, British, who used this notation to indicate left and right blades for reference.

Any additional data on the sides? Possibly faint.

With kind regards,

Bob
      Bob Gardner
      Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
      http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Hi Mr Gardner

thank you very much for the info, considering you seem to be a major authority on this subject, I do appreciate your time.

I looked high and low for anything that looked remotely close to a number,symbol or crayon mark

I even very carefully removed the clock and clock bezel to look at the hub, nothing

i did attach a picture of the hub without the clock etc.....

I also found out where it came from 30 years ago, this person was the one who apparently installed the clock (deceased unfortunatley).

thanks again for your help.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X