Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identify Wooden Propeller

To All

I recently found this wooden propeller in Little Rock, Arkansas. I am told it is a WWI era propeller but would like to gather more infomation if possible. It has an eight-hole hub, which indicates an older model but is only around 7 feet long, which suggests it might be a later model. There are no decals on it, but there are some markings on either side of the hub. One side has the following:

A.T.C. 66
    DES4 OF

The other side:

3606 69

It also has a metal leading edge extending from the tip to just shy of the hub in case my pictures don't post correctly. To my untrained eye, it most closely resembles some of the Curtiss propellers I have seen on line. Any information provided as well as a ball park figure of value would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Rich
    Attached Files

I'm not sure when Type Certificates were instituted, but that's what the "ATC" number refers to and is a low number. I think it was well after WW1 but am not sure of the exact year. Yours certainly looks like a fairly early design. I'll see if I can find anything with that TC number.
    Dave

Comment

Dave

Thanks for putting me on the Type Certificate trail. I fly for an OEM, so I am a little embarrassed I did not figure that out for myself. ATC 66 was assigned to the Loening Air Yacht in 1928. All the air yacht pictures I found have a three-bladed propeller, so I still have some work ahead of me. Thanks again.

Rich

Comment

My daughter tells me the number is actually ATC 86, which is a Laird LC-B, will continue investigating.

Rich

Comment

I think that the aircraft type certificates are completely separate for the type certificates used for propeller manufacture.
          Dave

Comment

I think we have the same propeller. Here is what I posted earlier...

http://woodenpropeller.com/forumvB/s...ead.php?t=1576

They look the same and it took some doing to come up with the right numbers that are written on the prop.

Please contact me as I'm very determined to find out what they came from.

Cheers
            Dale

Comment

Another post

Here is a post from the fellow I bought my prop from.

Apparently we do have Little Rock as a common point. Don't know if that really matters but it is there.

Cheers

http://woodenpropeller.com/forumvB/s...ead.php?t=1362

Comment

As for what Dave is saying, he is entirely correct, the Type certificate is totally separate between aircraft and prop. That hasn't changed.

Comment

Working...
                X