Identifying Sensenich Bros Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying Sensenich Bros Propeller

I have from my family in Zimbabwe (formerly Southern Rhodesia) a Sensenich Bros , Lititz . PA. Wooden Propeller - given at the end of WW2 as a thank you for hosting RAF Pilots out training. It has the following numbers on the side :
    Model 43K15151 A
    SER NO AF4303640

Although these are very faint so l hope they are correct - on the back circling the hub hole is stamped at the 9o'clock position the number 2
    At the top by the 12 o'clock position is the number o3640
    and at the 3 o'clock position is the number 1

Would anyone be able to tell me the year of this propeller and what plane it may have been used on - and l presume here it would be leaning towards the training type aircraft.

It sat in our farm office for many years and is in very good condition.
    Graham

Welcome to the Forum Graham,

Your prop was made under a 1943 contract for propellers to fit either the PT-19 or PT-26 primary trainers. Your presumption of being used for a trainer is correct - PT is the abbreviation used to denote primary trainer.

Lamar

Comment

Thank you that is excellent information.
      As a further piece of info one serviceman who was talented at painting the graphics individuals decorated their planes with kindly painted the family baby cot with black and white images of Mickey Mouse in a plane- and we still have this cot which over the years has been stripped and repainted but always never touching these old graphics. Many airman traveled through the farm fishing - hunting and relaxing before going back to the combat zones and as my father was a boy they would then send him back memento's of their travels. Thanks for adding some more pieces to the puzzle.
      Graham

Comment

How interesting! Thank you for that.

Lamar

Comment

Working...
        X