Fahlin prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fahlin prop

Hi, I just came into a wooden prop, and wood like to get more info on aircraft, date, and value. It is a 90" Fahlin wooden prop. has both Fahlin stamps/stickers (springfield Mo.). It is in great shape, does not have the metel on the leading edge. the engravings are

ENG R7559
    HP 225 RPM2000
    DWG.no.43k13605
    SER.no.AC43k4171

It has 8 bolt holes on the hub.
    The gentleman I got it from beleaves it came off a n17.
    Any info that you or anyone could provide would be invaluable.
    Love your web site.
    Thank you
    fltcru

Look at the Sensenich drawing numbers, then cross reference it to the civilian design number, 90 JA 81 on this page and you'll find the aircraft listed there.

The Cessna Bobcat, variously known by other names such as the "Bamboo Bomber" was a twin engine airplane produced in fairly large numbers, but quickly re-designed with engines using metal propellers, so all of the wooden props manufactured for it very quickly became obsolete. They are surprisingly common, built by a number of differnt manufacturers. Fahlin was probably manufacturing them under an agreement with Sensenich, which is why the drawing number isn't listed on the Fahlin page.
    Dave

Comment

fahlin info

Dave, thank you so much for the info you provided. I was able to track down the aircraft. AT17.
      once again, thank you
      fltcru

Comment

Working...
      X