Hartzell Prop ID needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartzell Prop ID needed

I have a wonderful Hartzell Prop in great condition. It is 85 inches long. Has metal on leading edges and yellow paint on the tips. Under the hub it has letters burned/branded into the wood. AAF SIGN 44K 15005 SR NO 43981 PIQUA OHIO. It is time to sell this lovely item to a new home.

When folks would ask about the prop on my wall I would tell them that me and my olde airplane were hit by a seagull coming home from Nantucket and all that washed up was that prop. I and the plane crashed in flames killing me on impact. All tall tales need a good prop.....

Thanks for any help on an aircraft ID and places to sell it.

The economy being what it is right now, it isn't a good time to sell. However, I would suggest your largest audience would be on eBay. Prices will fluctuate widely, especially if you attract someone who really wants it. Best of luck to you.

Lamar

Comment

The identification is found first on the military number on this page then referenced to this page to look up 85LYA-57 (Stinson L5).

Don't be fooled by the fact that it's a Sensenich page with Sensenich design numbers. Particularly with the military contracts (this one was from 1944) it seems that propellers were built by several manufacturers under one single manufacturer's blueprints.
      Dave

Comment

Working...
      X