PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy vintage wooden airplane propeller

clutter2
11-22-2010, 07:01 PM
I would like to buy a vintage wooden airplane propeller for my son. I've looked on ebay and I don't know the difference between a propeller for a boat and an airplane. One described it as an airplane propeller, but someone wrote in and told him it was for a boat. I don't know the difference, but I'm sure my son would. I wanted to surprise him, but need help. Does anyone know where I can get a propeller for an airplane, but doesn't cost a lot? My son is very handy and could refinish it.

JohnEd
01-07-2011, 11:46 PM
A friend of mine has three 82-86" one with a big ole Koppers variable hub...johnrbts@gmail.com for pixs

bobinarkansas
02-05-2011, 06:21 PM
I would like to buy a vintage wooden airplane propeller for my son. I've looked on ebay and I don't know the difference between a propeller for a boat and an airplane. One described it as an airplane propeller, but someone wrote in and told him it was for a boat. I don't know the difference, but I'm sure my son would. I wanted to surprise him, but need help. Does anyone know where I can get a propeller for an airplane, but doesn't cost a lot? My son is very handy and could refinish it.

I have a vintage Paragon..that was likely used around 1916 or so on a "Jenny"...Photo below. However I wouldn't advise "refinishing" it, as it would (in my opinion) seriously devalue it. It's heavy (oak) and wouldn't be "cheap" either to buy, or ship...but if you're interested, let me know.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/Homefndr/ParagonJN4Cprop1.jpg[/QUOTE]