Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sensenich propeller and hub from Alaska ID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich propeller and hub from Alaska ID?

I have a Sensenich propeller with hub that I am trying to trace the origin of. I was told by the person that I received it from that it had belonged to Joe Crosson, a famous bush pilot here in Alaska. It has a Drawing number of 44K18151 so it was a military prop built in 1944 but the rest of the drawing number doesn't match any in the military to civilian crossover list. It's serial number is F5020. It is 85-1/2" long with steel facing and ends. The ends are painted a light OD green. The hub is a Warner Aircraft Corp. Assembly no. 8808 and consists of a splined hub and plate with six bolts. The splined shaft it would have gone on would have been about 2.25" od with 15 splines, one of them double width. I have pictures, but can't seem to resize them small enough to post, but will email them on request. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jon

The 44K18151 is actually a Hartzell drawing number built under type certificate number 822 and corresponds to their model number 8613E-54.

According to Lamar's website, that was used on a Fairchild UC-61K with a Ranger 6 440 C5 200 hp engine.

It's likely that Sensenich either built the propeller under contract with Hartzell or overhauled it some time after it had been in service.
    Dave

Comment

Working...
    X