Help with Prop details please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Prop details please.

I have a wooden prop that has been in my family since my grandfather found it in an attic in the 60s.
    I will attach some pics, including the 2 brass plates indicating it is for a J N 4 (Jenny) and OX-5 Engine.
    I have searched for Pictures of Jennys with this shape prop and have not found any. Has anyone seen any?
    Also, there is no decal other manufacturer info on the prop, but there are 2 small pressed or branded symbols on the front center. They contain some lettters and numbers which are not legiable (to me) with out a magifying glass.
    I will include pics of them as well. One has U S A and the number I believe to be 97 on it. The other is harder to read, but appears to have 10 and 03 in different corners.
    The prop is in great shape and I would liike to display it with a picture and possible short write up of the aircraft and engine it belonged to..and any other history/information that may be available.
    thanks
    Tim
    Attached Files

Originally posted by timav8s View Post
    I have searched for Pictures of Jennys with this shape prop and have not found any. Has anyone seen any?
    Tim
    Did you mean to include a picture of the whole prop to show the shape?
    Dave

Comment

Additional Pics

I did find a picture of a Jenny that is in the Smithsonian that appears to have the same prop....does anyone have any additional information on the symbols on the Hub..or info on the manufacturer?
      Thanks!
      T
      Attached Files

Comment

Just checking back...

anyone have any idea on the manufacturer of this prop...and approximate age??

thanks!
        Tim

Comment

Probaly from the late teens or early twenties. Obviously for an OX5 powered JN4D.

The "SC" is a Signal Corps number, but doesn't help identify it. I don't know who manufactured it.
          Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave!

I am not going to get rid of it..but any idea on it's approx value?
            Appreciate your time. Have a great Holiday!

Comment

Not really, at least in the current "market". In the past this might have sold for anywhere from $800 up to $2500 or so, but you'll see very few of them selling in that range currently.
              Dave

Comment

Working...
              X