Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propeller Le Rhone/Neuport WWI

Hi,
    anybody have any idea as to the value of the above propeller?

Welcome to our forum.

It's a simple question with a complex answer.

It has two values; a sale value and a replacement value. If you sold it at auction here in the United Kingdom and it is in reasonable unrestored condition and complete, it would make about 1200 GBP, about 1800 USD.

The insurance value, which is the replacement value, is about double this, which is what it would cost to buy it from a shop.

But auctions can produce widely variable results for similar items on different days, so the typical price quoted above at 1800 USD might be in the middle of a range from 1300 USD to 3000 USD.

This is based on your prop being complete, unrestored and in good ordinary condition. A few cracks and dings don't much affect the price. I mention 'complete' because quite often people can describe a remnant such as a prop hub or a blade as a propeller.

With kind regards,

Bob
    Last edited by Bob Gardner; 09-27-2010, 05:43 AM.
    Bob Gardner
    Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
    http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gardner View Post
      This is based on your prop being complete, unrestored and in good ordinary condition. A few cracks and dings don't much affect the price. I mention 'complete' because quite often people can describe a remnant such as a prop hub or a blade as a propeller.
      Bob's mentioned a critical point. My experience with these questions is that most props don't fit that description, and that most of them have been damaged and/or restored to one degree or another - even if it was done 75 years ago.

A picture, along with an accurate description of the condition and any stamped numbers would help considerably.
      Dave

Comment

Working...
      X