Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensenich Propeller

ALCON:

Hello. First time on a forum.....any forum. However, I am attempting to find out the best way to restore a Sensenich 8-lug hub wooden propeller. It has the number "B 0386" on the hub and a very faint Sensenich sticker on one of the blades. The prop is complete (not broken), has a few splits here and there, and in my opinion needs to be refinished to keep it from deteriorating further. Any suggestions? Should I leave it in its original state? Thanks.

Welcome to the Forums! In answer to your question you may benefit from this thread: http://woodenpropeller.com/forumvB/showthread.php?t=674

Lamar

Comment

Acknowledged.

Gentlemen:

Affirmative on leaving it in its original state. Make no mistake, it is a solid piece and in no way would I consider it "a mess" or "ragged". However, it does have a few minor splits and it has a tear or two on the small pieces of fabric near the tips. Anyone have an idea as to when it was made? The Sensenich numbers that start with a "B" only go back to the 4XXX range on their web page. I will try and post pics when I get a chance. I am an avid collecter of WWI and WWII militaria, so I definitely have no problem with leaving things in their original state.

v/r

Comment

Working...
      X