Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I have a prop from Flottorp, Grand rapids 8, Mich. that has identification numbers, it looks like D F.S. 75C-44 with perhaps a serial number of A2971. It has metal edge sheathing. I believe this was off perhaps a Luscombe in the late 40's or early 50's, but don't know for sure. It came from the Traverse City , MI area when my father was the TVC airport manager during that time. I see the 75C-42 listed, but no 75C-44. Could one of you experts tell me what type of aircraft this was manufactured for and any other info? Is it possible to trace what specific aircraft this may have been on? Thanks, Steve

It would be extremely rare to be able to determine what exact aircraft it might have been on. If you happened to stumble on an old logbook that happened to have the serial number match yours, that would be the only way that would happen.

The -44 means that the pitch is 44 inches instead of 42 inches, implying that it was more of a cruise prop than a climb prop, but chances are good that it would apply to whatever aircraft are listed for the -42 model.
    Dave

Comment

Help -2

Thanks for your help. Is it possible to determine when this propeller was manufactured? Where would I go to find that out? This 75C-44 has a number A2971. Steve

Comment

Working...
      X