can you help identify and value this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you help identify and value this?

I have an old propeller I don't know much about. It's been in a garage for years. It's 8 ft long, maybe 1 or two inches longer(6 ft tape measure) the diameter of the hub is 9 1/4 " - the inner hole if 3 1/2 " - the holes are 7 1/4"- and the hub is 6 " thick. There aren't any manufacturer stickers on it but on the edging on the blade it has "hartzell" stamped on it. it also has pretty cool stickers from pester's propeller repair service. there also are numbers or something stamped in the wood next to the hub on the blades but too faded or worn to read. Interested in knowing how old this propeller is,what kind of plane it was primarily used on, what an approximate value is in current condition (not restored). pics included thanks
    Attached Files

Those numbers and letters stamped into the wood next to the hub are critical for ID'ing your prop. I would suggest looking at them carefully in a strong light.

Lamar

Comment

Thanks for the advice on the light. I'm pretty sure I got it. These are like engraved into the wood on the front side of the propeller. one side says
      HARTZELL
      PIQUA OHIO

the other side says
      DESIGN 669 K
      SR NO 15955

could try to get pics later (wife has camera with her) but don't know if it would pick them up. pretty faded or worn i guess. hope this helps and thank you very much for your help so far
      Last edited by rick1; 05-11-2010, 10:13 AM.

Comment

The information you seek is here: http://www.modernwoodenpropellers.com/hartzell.htm. Your prop is for a Waco YOK.

Comment

thank you for your help! would you have an approximate value of this in its current condition and could I do anything to it to increase this.

Comment

I would put yours in the $400 - $800 category but it's really difficult to say with any kind of certainty. I have followed the instructions for preservation on Dave's web page at http://www.woodenpropeller.com/preservation.html with excellent results.

I really like the red decal - Roosevelt Field has a very historical past.

Lamar

Comment

Working...
            X