Need Help to Identify a Wooden Propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help to Identify a Wooden Propeller

I am helping a friend who doesn't have a computer identify his wooden propeller. It is marked Aeromatic Aircraft Propellers Koppers Company Bartlett Hayward Division, Model W180 Serial 1807 License by Everel. It is one blade with brass on the end. Any idea on age, what plane it was used on and value? Thanks

I would try contacting Monte Chase on his web site. That's part of a variable pitch prop, and I certainly have no way of identifying it.
    Dave

Comment

This will lead you to the answer you seek: http://www.aeromatic.com/
      I was aware of them, since my Ercoupe was one that used them.

Comment

Thanks for the help

Comment

W180 -

It's a complete prop, not part of one, thus the counterweight, and it is very old. A/C type - see below excerpt from an article regarding Koppers Aeromatic Propellers (now Tarver Propellers owned by Kent Tarver and still making new Aeromatic propellers).

Walter E. Everets, was the designer of the EVEREL Single Blade Propeller. During the testing and experimental stages, Everets, found that the single blade produced 25% greater thrust than the conventional two-blade propeller.
          Nearly sixty experimental full-sized blades and more than a dozen hubs and mechanisms were built and tested before the 40-horsepower model of the single blade was submitted for an Approved Type Certificate, which was received for the Taylor A, and the J-2 Cub.
          Another Everel propeller is on display at the Pearsons Air Museum in Vancouver, Washington.

Comment

Working...
          X