Please help identify wooden propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help identify wooden propeller

I'm enclosing pictures of a wooden propeller left to me & my siblings by our deceased father. It is 6 feet long and has 6 holes. I have not been able to see a number as you've described for military issued propellers. However, the initials JB are stamped on either side of the hub. Might you have any idea of it's value? I'd greatly appreciate any information you can provide.
    Thank you - Elizabeth
    Attached Files

Hi,
    Sorry for telling that, but it's probably just a decorative object (shielding and wood are not functional)...
    PM

Comment

Thank you for assistance

Originally posted by pmdec View Post
      Hi,
      Sorry for telling that, but it's probably just a decorative object (shielding and wood are not functional)...
      PM

Thank you so much for your help.
      Elizabeth

Comment

I tend to disagree with the purely ornamental impression. It was definitely bolted on to some sort of flange at earlier times, indicating some sort of use. Airboat propeller or windcharger comes to mind, even a fan blade.

Comment

Hi,
          - Wood seems cut the wrong way (face/side) : wood will (and has !) came loose,
          - It seems there is no laminations,
          - Tip shielding is symetrical (leadind and trailing edges have an identical profile),
          - No markings,
          So ...

Comment

Right on, and the types I suggested are rarely built with laminations. I have had a couple windcharger props, none were laminated, and I have an airboat prop in my collection, it has no laminations. Fans were not laminated usuallly either.

Comment

Working...
            X