please help indentifying a wooden propeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help indentifying a wooden propeller

We have found a wooden propeller that was being throw out by a local school's DT department, and would really like to know more about it.
    It appears to be a 'modern' one as it is only just over 5 ft long and made from a fairly pale wood, and is more or less symmetrical, but it has 8 bolt holes (about 4.7" diameter, to the centre of the holes)
    It has the following clear markings on the hub;
    PP 261193 on one side
    and on the other;
    DRG F.P. 400/2 - 2
    DIA. 5.417' P.5.07'
    CIRRUS MINOR II
    L.H.T
    It would be great to find out a bit more about it, such as how old it might be and what type of plane it would have come from, as it seems to have lots of information on it, but I can't find anything that matches it in any sources suggested here
    Attached Files

Hopefully Bob Gardner will chime in with some information on this prop, which is most likely British in origin. I don't have drawing number references for those.
    Dave

Comment

Having read the post from ebeelinaman I wondered if ours may be like it? It looks quite similar but it does seem to have laminations and also the markings; I have attached more photos
      Attached Files
      Last edited by smithbgw; 04-16-2010, 12:42 PM.

Comment

The Cirrus Minor engine was almost entirely used on the Auster aircraft used by the British Army as an AOP for directing Royal Artillery fire.

With kind regards,

Bob
        Bob Gardner
        Author; WW1 British Propellers, WWI German Propellers
        http://www.aeroclocks.com

Comment

Working...
        X