No announcement yet.

Some help please with indentification!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some help please with indentification!

Hi

I have what I think is half of an old aircraft propellor in my possession. I understand it spent some time as a base for an ornamental lamp in the sixties and seventies but I prefer it as just a nice piece of history though am struggling to find out much about it as those who knew about it in the family are sadly no longer with us. There are no identifiable marks on it other than three holes around the arc of a semi-circle at the bottom. There are also two holes in the top though these may have been drilled when it was converted into the lamp base. It has a metal strip along the top though again, I am unsure if this was added later. It stands about 3 and a half feet tall. I work in a primary school and would really love to take it in to show the children and help them learn about it's history. Any help is greatly appreciated! I have attached pics just in case you can help. Many thanks.
    Attached Files

It's probably not identifiable without the numbers. The left hand rotation suggests a British manufacturer, but it could be one of hundreds of different possibilities.
    Dave

Comment

Approximate age?

Thanks for that Dave. Would there be any general information known about it such as approximate age and when it would most likely have been used?

Comment

I'm guessing 30's through 50's, not likely earlier than that but possibly later.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X