old prop identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old prop identification

I have 3 old propellers. 2 of them are Sensfnich and are in great condition, but I do not know anything thing about them. One of them has stamped model# 36BD-49, serial #91710, and the other has model #36BD-55, serial #91713, these 2 have a greenish color on ends and no holes by center. The small one has 4 holes in center, yellow then red on ends-Flo-torque Chicago,Il on it. Can anyone help with determining hold old they are, and anything or direct me to somewhere to find out about them

Thanks Marzy

The design number, 36BD-49 implies that they are 36 inches long, which would make it more likely that they are UAV props of some kind. We don't have listings for those, although Sensenich Co. may have something that would be of some help.
    Dave

Comment

Propellors

tHANK yOU bRAD

Comment

UAV prop

look up the "SHELDUCK" target drone

Comment

Flo Torque

The propellers were manufactured in Chicago beginning about 1941, and were installed on a Radio Plane Target drone, (owned by movie star Reginald Denny). Unique to this drone was the 26 " contra-roatating propellers on the Righter single engine. This would have done away with left turning tendencies. At some point the manufacturing was moved to Baraboo WI.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioplane_OQ-2.

Comment

Working...
          X