New member - need prop info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member - need prop info

I have a 70" wooded prop that was my fathers. He got his pilots license in1948 at a small airport in Towanda, PA. He got the old, unused props from the MA mechanics and made wall mounted clocks for all the local taverns and clubs. The prop I have is in very good condition and has the following markings:

FOUST
    DES - 70F45
    SER - 1050
    HP - 50 & 55
    RPM - 2300

Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by jspitfire; 12-03-2009, 03:21 PM. Reason: mispelling

I've no information at all on FOUST propellers and a Google search yielded nothing about them. In the post WW-II time frame there have been a host of small makers with very limited production of props like this one for small planes.

I suspect that same propeller design number and aircraft application shown on this Sensenich page (http://www.modernwoodenpropellers.com/sensenich.htm) would apply here, too. It also matches the engine HP ranges.

Lamar

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Lamar,

Thanks a bunch. I appreciate your responce.
      I have been doing a lot of research and I have been talking with some local (North Central PA) historians and they are telling me that their was a old wood working factory in Picture Rocks, PA the may have made the prop. I am going to pursue this and see where it takes me.

Comment

Working...
      X