Flottorp Prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flottorp Prop

Very new to this format so here goes. I own a 72 1/4 " Flottorp Prop that is original condition, never restored and want to find out where it was used. I've checked this site and the numbers on my prop aren't listed. I'd also like any info concerning restoration, etc. The hub is a 6 bole, 5/8" bolt holes with the numbers 6531 and 50 below on it. The blade numbers are A6531, DES72GI-50, TC802 and PG-4. I don't know how to attach photos to this site but can send through email if needed. Address is dottiejohn@charter.net. I've owned it since the mid 1960's and was given it by Red Harwell owner of an FBO in Winder GA. Thanks.

Sometimes they just don't ever seem to match the available numbers and data.

I do see a 72CI (not GI) listed with the type certificate number 802, used for an 85 HP engine, but I don't know what type of engine or what aircraft. The type certificate expired on April 1, 1944, meaning that the propeller was no longer eligible for use on certificated aircraft after that date.
    Dave

Comment

Flottorp Identification

The 5/8 bolt holes throw me. But the 72CI50 with 3/8 bolts was used on the 65hp Taylorcraft BC12D.
      Bob

Comment

Working...
      X